Answers to the most common questions.
Who can use Setle?
Anybody with the need to share, send, and sell their files is eligible to use the platform. Our platform is built for creators and digital workers of all walks of life.
From writers, photographers, videographers, graphic designers, consultants to lawyers, there is no restriction or limit to what you can use based on what you do.
All you need to use Setle is a basic internet connection, and some cool work to share or sell.
How much does using Setle cost?
Creating a Setle account is free of charge.
Processing a transaction has a flat fee of 2% per payment + bank charges from our payment provider Stripe (2.9% + 30c).
Payment processing charges are automatically charged to the payor and you will incur only the 2% Setle fee.
How much can I use Setle / How long do projects last?
You are free to create as many projects as you desire and share with an unlimited number of people. We operate 24/7, 365.
There is no limit on the number of files you can upload to each project but every project has an upload limit of 10GB.
There is no limit on the duration of your projects and transactions but after projects close, they will be stored for 1 month only.
What do I get with my profile?
With your Setle account, you get access to the full roster of features on the platform which will let you close projects faster, safer and better.
Through your account, you will be able to access a dashboard where you can create new, and manage existing projects. You can also access the transaction history with your past projects. You are able to overview your monthly performance through an analytics section on your dash as well. Lastly, from your transaction history, you can download transaction records and receipts from all past transactions (just you don’t ever have to look for an invoice in your email again)
Through your dedicated profile, you will be able to share more information about yourself and what you do. You can also manage and update payment information and invite friends to the platform to receive various discounts and benefits.
How do I reset my password?
In case you forget or lose your account password, you can easily request a new one.
- Visit setle.co
- Click on Sign In
- Forgot Password
- Input your email address
- You will receive a reset link in your selected email momentarily
- Create a new password and save it to your account.
Internal Account Reset
- Go to Your Profile
- Select Reset Password
- An email will be sent to your email with information
- Add new password and save
And you are done, ready to rock and create new projects.
Who can I contact if I have a problem?
What is the Setle Paywall system and how does it work?
Setle Paywall is our staple feature. It is what protects the files when they are shared from unauthorized downloads before final payment is made.
How it works:
- Once you create a project, you need to determine a price.
- When the price is set, you can proceed to upload your files
- When you upload your files, the entire project is secured behind the paywall. You can still adjust the files, delete them, upload new ones, or even cancel the entire project.
- Once you share your project, the files are fully secured and can be previewed, by cannot be downloaded by the receiving party. They can still add comments and visualize what you shared with them.
- When a payment is processed and authorized, the files become accessible for download to the recipient. At this stage, you no longer have access to the files and the payment is sent directly to your pre-selected account.
- You will receive a transaction record in your email, summarizing all interactions and the receipt of the payment as well.
Does Setle compress my files or adjust them in any way?
No, we never tamper with, adjust, resize, recolor or in any other way make changes to the files you upload.
During previews, the files may be visualized in a slightly lower resolution, which depends on your internet speed.
Can I use Setle with my team?
You can provide access to your account to your team members. They will be able to review and access your projects and transaction history.
Setle currently does not offer a full team-permission feature but it is something that is coming soon.
Can I use Setle as a company?
Yes, you can use Setle as a company.
When creating your profile, just input the account information as you would for your personal account, with the exception of inputting a company name instead of yours.
Same rules for payment information, privacy and security apply to any company accounts.
Sending payment to a 3rd party
If you are processing and closing a project on someone’s behalf, you can easily let the payment go directly to them.
All you need to do is when creating a project, input their payment information instead of yours. Same fee structure and payout principles apply.
What types of files are currently supported?
There are 4 primary categories of currently supported files:
Video: Mp4, MOV, AVI
Photo: Jpeg, Png, Tiff
How do payments work and when will I receive my money?
The payment system is provided by Stripe, you can learn more about them here. To ensure the fastest possible payout time, this is how we process the payments:
Receiving a Payment
- When creating a new project, you can choose which account you would like to receive your payment to.
- Once a payment is processed we first authorize the transaction.
- When payment is authorized, money is sent directly to you. On its way, Setle deducts a 2% fee and Stripe payment processing fees are applied. The remaining amount is automatically transferred to your pre-selected account.
- The final payout time will vary based on your country and bank you currently use but the expected payout time is usually 1 day but can be anywhere between 1-3 business days.
We are working on making this process even faster every day.
How can I process payments and how much does it cost?
You can process payment through a direct bank transfer or through a credit card payment.
Sending a Payment
Payment is processed through our payment gateway Stripe. They handle the processing of new transactions.
- If you are processing a payment, you can select any Visa/Mastercard/American Express or use a bank transfer with your banking provider.
- Once you process a payment, a small Stripe processing fee is added to the charge.
- We then authorize the transaction.
- When payment is authorized, it is sent directly to the project owner.
- You then gain access to your purchased files and receive a transaction record from the project, including a receipt for the payment.
Are Setle projects legally binding?
Setle projects are not legally binding bodies.
You can make them legally binding by creating a contract and attaching them as a core term of a project before sharing with your client. They will have to acknowledge the receipt of your project invitation and all information within it.
We advise to always share a contract outside of the Setle project in addition to it. In the contract, highlight that Setle will be the final delivery method for your projects and all project related assets.
What if I don’t receive a payment? / What if the requested files are not of expected quality?
We truly hope that this situation will not happen but if it does here are a few tips and key steps to follow in order to resolve the situation swiftly:
To prevent such behavior, always start your projects with a contract.
Always make sure that the deliverables and terms of the agreement are clear and shared through the Setle platform. Always input the maximum detail into the project description before sharing it.
- Negotiate with your client only through the Setle platform
- Refer to your legal advisor or use Freelancers Union (freelancersunion.com) tools to find one.
- When communicating with a legal advisor, always refer back to the transaction record for proof of all communication and interactions with the client for proof.
Product Quality Issues
In case the product quality is lower than expected, we advise the following:
Before you begin to work with someone, make sure that the terms of the agreement include a thorough description of deliverables. You want to make sure your agreement outlines those terms before you use Setle. We can not be held responsible for the quality of products shared through Setle.
- Negotiate and comment on the file quality with your creative only through the Setle platform
- Negotiate an update to the products. The creator will be able to re-upload adjusted products to the same project.
- If the quality of work does not improve, you have the option to opt out and not process payment. In this case, you will need to continue negotiations about next steps outside of the Setle platform.
Will Setle contact my client/creator on my behalf?
Unfortunately, we are not able to communicate with the project recipient on your behalf.
How do I invite people to Setle?
Your personal profile will allow you to directly invite new people, friends and team members to the platform.
Doing so will provide you with additional benefits for its use such as lowering of fees or free transaction for each person who creates an account and closes a project on Setle.
Inviting people will also create a stronger network for you on the platform. You will be able to then refer to this network for any future projects and collaborations, making your overall experience stronger and more reliable.